California Immunization Update is organized by California Pharmacists Association (CPhA) and will be held from Mar 09, 2017 - Mar 09, 2020.
Target Audience for this medical event is Pharmacists, pharmacy technicians. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 0.1 CEUs.
Conference Description :
This course was designed to fulfill the Board of Pharmacy required immunization focused CE requirement for those actively engaged in immunization practice. During this webinar, relevant changes that have been made over the last year to vaccine recommendations, safety, and efficacy, and epidemiology will be reviewed. In addition, the California Department of Public Health will update participants on important information regarding the California Immunization Registry and resources available to assist pharmacists.
Learning Objectivesare :
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Identify important recent changes to the immunization recommendations and schedules for adults and children in the United States
• Discuss the epidemiology of vaccine-preventable diseases in California
• Summarize the information about the efficacy and safety of licensed vaccines of interest
• List the California Immunization Registry (CAIR) user roles available to pharmacy staff
• Recite the Board of Pharmacy requirements pertaining to CAIR
• Discuss which age group is covered for routine immunizations as a Medi-Cal pharmacy benefit.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Pharmacy and Medicine