HMca-Hospital Medicine- Cardiology is organized by American Medical Seminars (AMS), Inc. This course has been approved for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Original Release Date: July 1, 2021
Expiration Date: July 1, 2024
TOPIC 1:Valvular Heart Disease.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: GL, EBM, COMP
• Indicate when to order echocardiography for heart murmurs.
• Recognize the appropriate interval of repeat echocardiography imaging.
• Determine the timing of intervention for severe valvular heart disease as per the ACC/AHA Guidelines.
• Integrate the indications, strengths, and weaknesses of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) and Transcatheter mitral valve repair.
• Discriminate the current and past indications for endocarditis prophylaxis as per the ACC/AHA Guidelines.
TOPIC 2:Sudden Cardiac Death, Bradycardia, and Atrioventricular Block.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: EBM, GL, COMP
• Determine which patients need additional evaluation and treatment of ventricular arrhythmias.
• Assess which patients need additional evaluation and treatment of cardiac conduction abnormalities as per ACC/AHA/HRS Guidelines.
• Recognize indications for permanent pacemakers.
TOPIC 3:Diastolic Heart Failure and Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: EBM, COMP
• Describe the prevalence and pathophysiology of diastolic heart failure.
• Identify effective treatment strategies for diastolic heart failure while considering Clinical Trials such as OPTIMIZE-HF, TOPCAT, PARAMOUNT, etc.
• Assess prognosis in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
• Apply appropriate treatment strategies in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.