AIDS/HIV Four Hour, Current Evidence-Based Practice Summary is organized by CEUfast, Inc. and will be held from Jul 04, 2018 - Sep 09, 2019. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 4.00 Contact Hours.
This 4-hour course will inform healthcare professionals about the latest information and treatment for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). After taking the course, you will be able to explain HIV/AIDS, how it’s transmitted and how it impacts the immune system. You will also be able to discuss preventing transmission of the virus, prevention and treatment among children, and the most current treatments available.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
• Relate the overall social impact of the HIV/AIDS pandemic in terms of incidence, diagnoses and deaths.
• Identify the civil rights of the HIV/AIDS infected individual and their family/friends.
• Differentiate between high-risk groups in terms of behavior and race/ethnicity.
• Discuss Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and the pathophysiologic changes in the human body following HIV infection.
• Relate the three stages of an HIV infection encompassing signs and symptoms and changes in laboratory values.
• Describe the modes of transmission of HIV and various strategies to prevent the spread of HIV.
• Discuss informed consent relating to HIV along with pre and post-test counseling.
• Discuss HIV test results and their implication to the individual.
• Compare and contrast current medications regimens prescribed for the HIV infected individual and those medications used to prevent the transmission of the virus in high-risk individuals.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Activity Payment Details
Reviews Given by Professionals
Browse by Specialty (Online CME/CE Only) View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine