Advanced Pain Management is organized by National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) and will be held from Apr 10, 2017 - Apr 10, 2020.
CE/CME Credit Hours:
Nurse: 2.5 Contact Hours
Physicians: 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™
Comprehensive pain and symptom management is the hallmark of quality hospice and palliative care. To effectively diagnose and palliate pain for patients with complex conditions, clinical teams need access to the latest information, resources and expertise. Participants will learn about the most innovative treatment options, new agents and high-tech interventional therapies to treat challenging cases of severe pain. In addition, this seminar will provide insights into drug interactions and highlight best practices for effectively managing pain and related side effects and providing patients with the highest quality of life possible. This intensive seminar offers participants an in-depth look at the latest issues and treatment options for advanced pain management.
• Describe different types of pain for patients with advanced illness
• Identify effective pain assessment strategies
• Describe the latest and most effective treatment options for patients with complicated pain
• Discuss the need for risk management for the medically ill
• Identify four clinical strategies for poorly responsive pain
Pain Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine