Adolescent Depression and Anxiety: A Review of Treatment Options is organized by PharmCon, Inc. and will be held from Jul 10, 2018 - Jan 10, 2021.
Credits: 1 Contact Hour(s)
Target Audience: Nurse, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician
Depression and anxiety in adolescents is more prevalent than most adults realize. Pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions can improve functioning and quality of life for many adolescents.
• Review DSM V criteria for the diagnosis of adolescent anxiety and depression
• Define nonpharmacologic treatment strategies
• List first-line therapies for the treatment of anxiety and depression in adolescents
• Describe common side effects and interactions of depression and anxiety medications
• Review presenting symptoms of anxiety and depression in adolescents
• Outline current treatment options for anxiety and depression
• Identify non-pharmacologic treatment options
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry