Single Payer Health Systems Webcast is organized by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (OSUMC) and will be held during Apr 28, 2017 - Apr 28, 2020. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit.
Conference Description :
In this lecture, our presenter will introduce the basics of what a “single payer system” would and would not imply. After the introduction, he will cover different variants of how a single payer system can operate. Finally, he will examine broad cost and health outcomes for existing single systems to infer would be expected if there United States were to adopt a single payer system
Conference Objectives are :
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to:
• EXPLAIN how a single payer would be different from our current method of paying for healthcare in the United States; and
• COMPARE the outcomes of existing single-payer systems to outcomes in the United States.
You’ll also learn about the following:
• What a single payer health system is
• The health care system for Massachusetts
• What would happen to the insurance companies
• Hospital ownership and uncompensated care
• Medication coverage: effects on downstream costs
• Colorectal cancer screening in Appalachia
• The Canadian health system
• The United Kingdom health system
• Lessons learned from the Veteran’s Administration
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Public Health, Health Care Policy and Research