Organ and Tissue Donation and Recovery for New Jersey Nurses is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc.
Expiration Date: 2022-10-03
Mandatory New Jersey Nursing Ceu. Continuing education course fulfills NJ requirement for nurses for 1 contact hour on the the clinical aspects of organ and tissue donation and recovery, including issues of supply and demand, barriers to successful procurement, New Jersey OPOs, and the role of nurses in the organ and tissue donation process.
Course Learning Objectives:
1) Discuss the organs, tissues, and parts that can be donated.
2) Discuss the issue of supply and demand of donor organs and tissues.
3) Outline the process of organ and tissue donation and recovery.
4) Describe barriers to successful organ and tissue procurement among the public and healthcare professionals.
5) Outline the role of nursing in the organ and tissue donation process, including collaboration with organ procurement organizations.