Non-Cancer Pain Management for New Mexico Advanced Practice Nurses is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc.
Expiration Date: 2025-07-31
MANDATORY NURSING CEU FOR NEW MEXICO ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSES (APRN). This nursing continuing education course fulfills the requirement for 5 hours of CE on the management of noncancer pain for advanced practice nurses in New Mexico. Covers pain assessment, strategies, and interventions for treating and managing pain, NM Board of Nursing rules for managing chronic pain with controlled substances, and issues related to opioid prescribing, use, abuse, and diversion.
Course Learning Objectives:
• Explain the experience and physiology of pain.
• Outline the elements of a comprehensive pain assessment.
• Describe pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic interventions and self-management strategies.
• Discuss the issues of opioid misuse, abuse, and diversion, and drug-seeking behaviors.
• List and explain the rules of the New Mexico Board of Nursing for prescriptive practices.
• Consider issues involved in pain management for palliative and end-of-life care.
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.