Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office is organized by AchieveCE.
This course will provide dental professionals with the information necessary to diagnose and respond to common medical emergencies that can occur in oral health care settings. During the course, special emphasis will be placed on the role of risk assessment in preventing medical emergencies and how to determine which events may be life-threatening and which require prompt stabilization but are not immediately life-threatening.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
• Discuss procedure-specific and patient-specific risk factors that can lead to dental emergencies in oral health care settings.
• Describe steps that dental professionals can take to prepare for a medical emergency.
• Describe the steps involved in performing a primary patient survey during an emerging perioperative event.
• Describe the steps involved in performing a secondary patient survey during an emerging perioperative event.
• Recognize the signs and symptoms of common medical emergencies in order to formulate a diagnosis.
• Initiate the appropriate action based on the diagnosis to stabilize the patient until emergency medical services arrive.
Refunds are available if you cancel within 14 days of order confirmation and haven't started any courses. Note that online transaction charges will be deducted. No refund if courses are started during the cancellation period