HIV/AIDS Infection Control – 3 CE is organized by AchieveCE. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 3.0 Contact Hours.
• Registered Nurse (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
• Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
• Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
This course is designed to provide licensed professionals with a deeper understanding regarding HIV and AIDS and the role that they can play in preventing the spread of HIV as well as how they can provide safe and compassionate care and services to individuals living with HIV and AIDS.
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
• Identify how care and treatment of persons infected with HIV has changed since the beginning of the pandemic
• Discuss the Center for Disease Control (CDC) 2006 recommendations for HIV testing as part of routine medical care
• Contrast the prevalence of HIV in the US with that of Sub-Saharan Africa
• Contrast the exposure categories for men and women in the US
• Discuss antiretroviral medications and adherence
• Describe post-exposure prophylaxis for occupational exposure to HIV and nonoccupational exposure to HIV
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.