607: Asthma: Pharmacological Therapy (N) is organized by Medical Education Systems (MedEdSys), Inc. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 30 CEUs.
Upon successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
• Identify and discuss the long-term and short-acting medications used in the management of asthma.
• Explain the various routes of administration used with medications for asthma.
• Discuss special issues regarding asthma-patient medications.
• Identify the key factors regarding asthma-patient education.
• Identify and discuss the key factors associated with long-term management of asthma.
• Explain what is meant by the “step” approach to gaining control of asthma.
• Identify and discuss the key points associated with managing exacerbations of asthma.