Advanced TAVR, TMVR, and Beyond is organized by Penn Medicine - Department of Radiology and will be held from May 20 - 21, 2021.
Continuing Medical Education Credits:
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of up to 15.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For Physician Assistants, the APPA accepts certification of participation from courses certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ and organizations accredited by the AACME or recognized state medical society. PA's may claim up to 15.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ for completing this activity.
The breakdown of modality hours is:
• US: 2.75
• CT: 14.5
• MRI: .50
In this two-day comprehensive course, attendees will attend virtual lectures with live Q&A and hands-on case review sessions with radiologists and cardiologists specializing in cardiovascular imaging at the University of Pennsylvania.
Penn experts will perform live interpretations of at least 50 cases and be available at other times for discussion of additional cases from the library. Upon successful completion of the program, practitioners will meet the mentored examinations requirement for an Independent Practitioner in the new SCCT Guidelines for Structural Heart Disease competency.
Tuition includes access to a library of illustrative TAVR, TMVR, and other structural heart disease CT cases through a cloud-based full-featured post-processing platform. Software training documents will be provided in advance. Also, attendees will have full access to the recorded presentations and PowerPoint slides for thirty days following the course.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
• Describe the role of CT in planning and follow-up of TAVR, TMVR, and other structural heart disease procedures
• Identify how to optimize CT acquisitions, including for challenging patients
• Perform CT analyses for planning TAVR, TMVR, pulmonary vein isolation, left atrial appendage occlusion, and shunt closure procedures
• Recognize and characterize post-TAVR complications using CT
• Describe the CT findings associated with cardiac masses and complications of left atrial appendage and percutaneous shunt occlusion and cardiac support devices.
Toll free Number
Radiology +1 More
CPD Credit 12
Radiology +3 More