A Multimodality Imaging Approach to Women's Health is organized by Penn Medicine - Department of Radiology and will be held from Oct 21 - 23, 2021.
The course is intended for all health care providers who care for women and who order and interpret radiology studies, including internists, gynecologists, family physicians, and general radiologists. The role of interventional radiology will be included.
This CME course, with faculty from PENN Medicine at Pennsylvania Hospital, will present current diagnostic radiology approaches to women’s health. These include diseases of the breast, benign and malignant disorders of the pelvis, lung cancer and colon cancer, thyroid disease, and osteoporosis. Appropriate utilization of screening techniques will be examined, including tomosynthesis, ultrasound, MRI, DXA, MRI, and PET/CT. In addition, disparities in women’s healthcare, the global impact of imaging in women’s health, and ethical considerations will be discussed.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
• Discuss imaging evaluation in pregnancy, including infertility, the first trimester, and complications
• Evaluate radiologic diagnosis and management of malignant and benign disorders of the female pelvis
• Demonstrate the role of PET/CT for breast and gynecologic cancers
• Discuss screening techniques for cancer in the lung, colon, and thyroid
• Evaluate ethical considerations, disparities, and international needs for breast imaging
• Debate breast screening controversies, including secondary screening for high-risk patients (MRI, whole breast ultrasound) and management of clinical breast problems.
• Summarize the implementation of DXA programs.
Note: Acess lecture recordings in an on-demand format for 30 days after the meeting ends
Continuing Medical Education Credits:
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this live virtual activity for 14.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For Physician Assistants, the APPA accepts certification of participation from courses certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ and organizations accredited by the AACME or recognized state medical society. PA's may claim up to 14.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ for completing this activity.
The breakdown of modality hours covered in the breast lectures are:
MR: 2.25 | US: 3.75 | Mammo: 3.0 | PET/CT: 0.5
The breakdown of modality hours covered in the remaining activity lectures are:
MR: 3.25 | US: 5.25 | CT: 3.75 | PET/CT: 0.5
Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs):
Participants in this activity will have an opportunity to earn 12 Self-Assessment credits (SAMs) by attending the four-day didactic program. These modules meet the ABR's criteria for a self-assessment activity in the ABR Maintenance of Certification program.
Toll free Number
Radiology +1 More
CPD Credit 12
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 20