Domestic Abuse in Later Life
Domestic Abuse in Later Life is organized by Quantum Units Education.
Domestic Abuse in Later Life presents five compelling stories of abuse in later life conveyed by the survivors themselves, amplified by interviews with the professionals who worked with them. Additional segments address emergency housing, support groups, and effective advocacy and three critical issues for older victims of abuse.
• Describe the characteristics and causes of domestic violence and sexual abuse in later life, including forms of abuse and abuser tactics.
• Identify the roles of various systems and agencies who encounter elder abuse, such as adult protective services, health care systems, criminal justice professionals, and domestic abuse and sexual assault advocates.
• Evaluate the role of power and control dynamics in elder abuse cases, while realizing the benefit of using a victim-centered approach that emphasizes empowerment.
• Recognize how emergency housing, support groups, and effective advocacy can be used productively to assist older adult victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
• Review case studies of elder abuse in order to acknowledge myths and justifications associated with these cases, while also identifying appropriate interventions for the victims.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
✔End of life care
End of life care
- CE Hours : 10
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine