6th Annual New York Cardio-Endo-Renal Collaborative (NY CERC) is organized by Physicians' Education Resource, LLC (PER) and will be held on Oct 15, 2022 at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, New York City, New York, United States of America.
Cardiometabolic risk factors and metabolic syndrome continue to be major challenges for health care providers in the United States. Current estimates suggest over a quarter of all US adults have metabolic syndrome, a constellation of cardiometabolic risk factors that includes excessive abdominal fat, insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, and hypertension. These risk factors converge with chronic inflammation, hypercoagulation, and certain genetic traits to the detriment of patients’ health. Patients with metabolic syndrome have 3 to 5 times the likelihood of developing diabetes, and at least double the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and stroke. Other CVDs, such as acute coronary syndrome (ACS), thrombosis, and atrial fibrillation, have also been linked to metabolic syndrome. Patients with multiple cardiometabolic risk factors commonly experience comorbidities that can exacerbate CVD risk and negatively affect their quality of life.
The 6th Annual New York Cardio-Endo-Renal Collaborative (NY CERC) will focus on strategic and novel approaches to the management of integrated cardiometabolic diseases. The expert faculty will deliver state-of-the-art clinical updates aimed at the intersection of metabolic disease and CVD prevention. Join us for expert perspectives on managing patients with cardiometabolic risk factors. Given the prevalence of cardiometabolic diseases and the scope of the problem, there is a great need to bring scientific breakthroughs and clinical updates to a multidisciplinary mix of specialty clinicians.
Benefits of Attending:
• Gain insights into the importance of early detection of cardiometabolic risk factors to prevent irreversible cardiovascular damage
• Improve competence in the integration of novel and newly approved therapies in the management of patients with metabolic syndrome
• Learn strategies for overcoming barriers to the multidisciplinary care of patients with cardiac, endocrine, and renal diseases
• Determine optimal treatment algorithms for specific patient groups
• Hear how leading experts and your peers are managing treatment for their patients with cardiac, renal, and metabolic diseases
This educational activity is directed toward cardiologists, endocrinologists, specialty nurse practitioners, specialty physician assistants, certified diabetes educators, other specialty allied health professionals, nephrologists, primary care providers, and other health care professionals who treat patients with any aspects of cardiometabolic syndrome.
• Emerging therapies for patients with cardiac, renal, and endocrine diseases
• New devices for managing patients with metabolic syndrome
• Guideline-directed care for patients with metabolic syndrome
• Advances in heart failure management
• Cardiometabolic risk eduction in comorbid conditions
Accreditation/ Credit Designation:
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
• This activity has been approved for 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
• Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16669, for 7.0 Contact Hours.
Toll free Number
C.E. contact hours 0.75