- Physician - Iowa
- Nursing - Delaware
Weight Matters: Treating Obesity With Dignity And Evidence-based Care is organized by Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and will be held on Oct 01, 2022, at Shay Hotel, United States, Culver City, California, United States of America.
The main objective of this conference is for clinicians from all disciplines to become knowledgeable about the most recent, scientific approaches to treating obesity. A risk factor for more than 200 medical diseases is obesity. Every speciality is covered. Although lifestyle changes are the cornerstone of weight management, it can be very difficult to maintain weight loss over the long term due to a variety of controlled and uncontrollable factors. You will gain a better understanding of why obesity is a chronic, relapsing disease that requires treatment as a result of this educational session. We will go over effective, impartial ways to talk about weight with your patients. Additionally, we will go extensively review the most recent, state-of-the-art surgical and non-surgical therapies for obesity, as well as how to assist your patients in accessing these services at our Cedars-Sinai Comprehensive Weight Loss Center.
Objectives Topics :
• Recognize obesity as a persistent, relapsing disease with complex, uncontrollable contributing elements
• Review the pathophysiology of obesity's fundamentals.
• Describe the most recent evidence-based approaches to treating obesity, along with their indications and methods for improvement.
• Talk to patients in a frank, open, and weight-bias-free manner and discuss the impact of weight bias in healthcare.
• Use best practises and tell patients with obesity about all available treatment choices using evidence-based information
Credit Designation Statement
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
A certificate of participation will be provided to other health care professionals requesting credits. Participants should ensure in advance that their credentialing or licensing organization accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ (MD, DO) (6.00 hours), Non-Physician Attendance (RN, NP, PA and Others) (6.00 hours), ABIM MOC Part 2 (6.00 hours)