AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support/Basic Life Support (PALS/BLS) Renewal Combo Course is organized by HeartShare Training Services Inc and will be held on Oct 01, 2022, at HeartShare Eastbay, San Ramon, California, United States of America.
Course Length: 8 Hours
The Pediatric Advanced Life Support course, in conjunction with the Basic Life Support class, is designed to provide participants with (1) Information needed to identify infants and children at high risk of cardiopulmonary arrest and (2) Information and strategies to prevent cardiopulmonary arrest in infants or children; (3) The cognitive and psychomotor skills required to stabilize and resuscitate infants and children suffering from shock, heart attack, or respiratory failure. Each student will provide current AHA recommendations on Basic Life Support for Adult/Pediatric Populations in addition to the goals above.
The main objectives of the Basic Life Support Provider course are as follows:
• To impart knowledge on cardiac disease, its risk factors, signs, and symptoms.
• To outline the necessary steps for surviving, healthy heart living, and lung and heart function.
• To instruct medical personnel how to do CPR with one rescuer, CPR with two rescuers, and how to treat foreign body airway obstruction in adults, children, and infants.
• To provide guidance on how to use barrier devices properly.
• To provide instructions on how to use an AED.