Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) Nexus is organized by the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) and will be held from Oct 11 - 14, 2022 at Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, National Harbor, Maryland, United States of America.
What Can Attendees Expect?
• You can enjoy 26 educational sessions, many of which offer continuing education opportunities. These will cover the most important topics impacting managed care pharmacy and help shape the future industry. Three keynote presentations will inspire you, including the opening general sessions featuring Leana, MSc FAAEM as the speaker.
• Participate in 15 satellite symposiums
• Visit the Exchange to see more than 70 exhibitors who will be showcasing the latest innovations and products that can improve your job performance and patient outcomes.
• Take part in networking opportunities such as:
• The Exchange has an expanded reception.
• For the new member or first-timer, breakfast
• The professional services area includes charging stations for casual networking and the Headshot Lounge.
• Wellness events hosted by the AMCP Foundation
• With AMCP Partnering, health care decision-makers and company representatives can have critical conversations and build relationships.
AMCP's Commitment To Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
AMCP's leadership, staff, members, and membership must reflect the diverse backgrounds of our communities to fulfill its mission of providing patients with the medicines and therapies they require at a reasonable cost. We will all benefit from the diversity of perspectives and life experiences we can get by including all those involved in managed care pharmacy's daily successes.
Meeting Objectives and Target Audience:
CPE sessions at Nexus 2222 are intended to give pharmacists who work in managed care settings insights and solutions and to help them keep and improve their skills and knowledge.
Managed care pharmacists should be able: to actively participate in the CPE program at Nexus 2022.
• Discuss the most recent trends and innovations and their impact on managed-care pharmacy.
• Highlight key findings from cutting-edge managed healthcare research.
• Identify the challenges and opportunities facing managed care pharmacy.
• Summarize all the most recent legislative and regulatory issues in health care and their impact on managed care pharmacy.
AMCP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education (CPE).
Pharmacists can earn a maximum of 11.25 contact hours of CPE credit by attending one CPE session during each education session block during Nexus 2022 (not including pre-meeting programs and satellite symposia held in conjunction with the meeting).
Successful Completion to Obtain Credit: Pharmacists must attend a session in its entirety, participate in session-specific learning assessments, obtain a session-specific attendance code, complete a session evaluation, and record their participation online at amcplearn.org no later than 11:59 pm PT on Monday, Nov. 7, 2022. No exceptions can be made after this date.
Integration with CPE Monitor: Information about the amount of CPE credit pharmacists earn at Nexus 2022 is transmitted electronically by AMCP to NABP. Pharmacists who log into CPE Monitor will be able to access information about CPE credit earned at Nexus 2022 approximately 72 hours after successful submission.
CPE Session Types: All CPE sessions at Nexus 2022 are knowledge-based and designed primarily for pharmacists to acquire factual knowledge.