Topics in Emergency Medicine (Feb 22 - 26, 2021)
Topics in Emergency Medicine is organized by Northwest Seminars (NWS) and will be held from Feb 22 - 26, 2021 at The Chateaux Deer Valley, Park City, Utah, United States of America.
This course is designed for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and all other medical care providers who must maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of the emergency medicine specialty or are impacted by it.
The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 20 hours of Category I credit for completing this program.
NWS is an approved provider for the following state nursing boards: Arkansas State Board of Nursing (Provider Number 50-7480), California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider Number 4833), District of Columbia Board of Nursing (Provider Number 50-7480), Florida Board of Nursing (Provider Number 50-7480), Georgia Board of Nursing (Provider Number 50-7480), and the South Carolina Board of Nursing (Provider Number 50-7480). This program offers 20 contact hours.
The practitioner of emergency medicine must possess evidence-based scientific background for competent clinical practice; maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of the specialty and all additional related disciplines; maintain an up-to-the-minute armamentarium of knowledge and skills for the selection and use of complex equipment, pharmacological agents, and procedures; manage self and colleagues to function toward common goals in providing consistent care in all settings in which emergency care is provided; serve as an expert in matters involving quality, safe and equitable health care delivery and support of other service providers, departments, institutions, and organizations dependent upon professional expertise.
Presentations are designed to facilitate the acquisition of cognitive and technical skills as defined through evidence-based data translated to best practice standards by the pertinent governmental and professional organizations including the American College of Emergency Physicians, American College of Surgeons and the Emergency Nurses Association and abilities in one or more of the disciplines vital to the practicing professional.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
• Apply the pertinent physical and behavioral sciences as they impact and are affected by the planning, delivery, and monitoring of services inherent in the professions
• Explain the selection, dosing considerations with methods of administration, safe use, contraindications and precautions of drugs based on their chemical and pharmacologic properties
• Outline comprehensive patient management plans for the special patient population discussed
• Apply the principles of safety and asepsis in the performance of all aspects of patient care regardless of the clinical environment in which the practice resides
• Incorporate the published tenets of pertinent, recognized external organizations, institutions, and professional groups defining medical, legal, philosophical, ethical, and health care management standards.
Behavioral HealthPatient safety
- CME : 20
- Hours : 20
- Contact Hours : 20
The Chateaux Deer Valley
7815 Royal St East
Park City, Utah, United States of America
At Nominal Fares
Find Low Cost
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine