Primary Care CME is organized by A-Cross Medicine Reviews and will be held from Feb 13 - 16, 2021 at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Bay Lake, Florida, United States of America.
11 total hours are available for the Walt Disney World® Resort Course.
Statement of Need:
Common primary care issues are being updated continually by specialty and government agencies. It is difficult for the primary care physician to stay abreast of all the current new guidelines and re commendations. Physicians and other medical providers are in need of streamlined approaches to common primary care issues.
This program is designed to increase attendee knowledge and competence in a variety of primary care topics. These include hypertension, lipid management, common ENT problems, ethical dilemmas, and current diabetes management. All topics presented will utilize evidence-based guidelines from the literature.
The overall goals of the conference are to impact the diagnostic and treatment of patients seen in primary care practices.
Course Objectives for February 2021 Course in Disney World:
• Review the most recent hypertension guidelines
• Critique and implement the current guidelines on pharyngitis, sinusitis, and otitis media
• Recognize the changes in management of Geriatric patients
• Manage patients who present with skin and soft tissue infections
• Review the current evidence-based guidelines for cancer screening, including the new conflicting lung and prostate cancer recommendations
• Discuss the latest management and diagnosis of diarrhea
• Discuss the management and treatment of COPD
• Review the latest guidelines on the management of hyperlipidemias
• Evaluate current Depression guidelines
• Understand the recent changes in adult immunization especially for PCV13
• Critique and Implement the Current Pain management Guidelines