Internal Medicine for Primary Care: Cardio/ENT/Nephro/Psych
Internal Medicine for Primary Care: Cardio/ENT/Nephro/Psych is organized by Medical Education Resources (MER) and will be held from Jun 03 - 06, 2021 at The Fairmont Banff Springs, Banff, Alberta, Canada.
This program is targeted to office-based primary care providers and other health professionals with updates in primary care medicine
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive 16 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change.
Physician Credit Designation:
Medical Education Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Board of Internal Medicine MOC Recognition (ABIM):
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 16 (part II) MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP):
This Live activity, Dermatology for Primary Care, with a beginning date of June 3, 2021 has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 16 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Osteopathic Association (AOA):
These programs are approved for 16 hours in Category 2-A by the American Osteopathic Association.
American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP):
This program is approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 16 hours of ACEP Category I credit.
Nursing Credit Designation:
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC):
Medical Education Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 16 ANCC nursing contact hours. Nurses will be awarded contact hours upon successful completion of the activity.
California Board of Registered Nursing:
Medical Education Resources is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 12299, for 16 contact hours.
Physician Assistant Credit Designation:
American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA):
Medical Education Resources has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 16 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE):
Medical Education Resources (MER) designates this live continuing education activity for 16 contact hours (1.6 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be better able to:
• Describe current diagnostic approaches to arrhythmias, ACS and CAD
• Implement treatment strategies reflective of current evidence-based medicine for arrhythmias, ACS and CAD
• List steps to diagnose and treat bone disease and its cardiovascular consequences in CKD
• Identify herbal preparations with the potential to cause nephrotoxicity
• Describe treatment options for hematuria and glomerulonephritis
• Accurately diagnose and treat (pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic) substance abuse and ADHD in adults
• Discuss mood stabilizing psychosocial and pharmacologic treatments of bipolar disorder as well as frequent co-morbid psychiatric disorders
• Understand risk factors and assess patients at risk for suicide and violence and intervene to make timely referrals to combat hopelessness
• List evaluation and treatment options for the neck mass, sinusitis and allergic rhinitis
• Identify and describe treatment options for disorders of the ear canal and tympanic membrane
To provide updates in primary care medicine to office based providers
- CME : 16
- MOC : 16
- Credits : 16
- Contact Hours : 16
- CEUs : 1.6
- IPCE : 16
Session Brochure : Download Session Brochure
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine