18th Congress of the European Society for Biomedical Research on Alcoholism (ESBRA) is organized by European Society for Biomedical Research on Alcoholism (ESBRA), Romanian Society of Gastroenterology and Hepatology / Societatea Romana de Gastroenterologie si Hepatologie (SRGH), Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy / Universitatea de Medicina si Farmacie Victor Babes din Timisoara (UMFT) and will be held from Oct 07 - 10, 2021 at Timisoara Convention Center, Timisoara, Timis, Romania.
As part of ESBRA’s major goal to support, network and promote education, science and patient care in alcohol-related disorders, they are establishing for the first time a general CME credited postgraduate course on Alcoholism and Alcohol-related disorders, targeted not only for the specialist but also to wider audience including medical students and general practitioners or specialists from other medical areas.
Alcohol use evaluation
• Alcohol in Europe a Epidemiological/Public Health Perspective
• Patterns of alcohol consumption and related behavior in Romania
• Alcoholic liver disease- prevention, screening, treatment and future developments
• Alcoholic pancreatitis
• Alcoholic associated gastrointestinal neoplasia
• Alcohol and microbiota
• Environment versus DNA in Alcohol addiction.
• Overview of the Genetics of Alcohol Use Disorders
• Genetics and Addiction: Is Alcoholism Hereditary or Genetic?
Legal and forensic implications
• Recent biomarkers for alcohol determination
• The influence of chronic alcohol consumption in increasing domestic aggression
• Association of alcohol consumption with illicit substances – potentiated effects
• Increased risk of road accidents caused by alcohol consumption
• Severe acute ethanolic intoxication
• Particularities of anesthesia in patients with alcohol use disorder
• Acute liver failure due to alcohol intoxication
• The Ethanol- Heart Friend or Enemy
• Potential New Medications for the treatment of alcohol use disorder and experimental medications
• Special population
• Animals models used to study alcohol use disorder
Neuroscience and brain
• Multileveled approach of alcohol dependence – from person to society
• Alcoholic withdrawal syndrome
• Psychosocial impact of patients with alcohol use disorder
• How alcohol impact on the brain
• Wernicke- Korsakoff Syndrome
Postgraduate course on Alcoholism and Alcohol-related disorders
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Toll free Number