A-Cross Medicine Reviews - Big Island Hawaii Course is organized by A-Cross Medicine Reviews and will be held from Mar 22 - 25, 2021 at The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort, Waimea, Hawaii, United States of America.
This live activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and is jointly-provided with Tulane University Health Sciences Center. 11 total hours are available for the Big Island Hawaii course.
This program is designed to increase attendee knowledge and competence in a variety of primary care topics. These include hypertension, lipid management, common ENT problems, ethical dilemmas, and current diabetes management. All topics presented will utilize evidence-based guidelines from the literature.
Course Objectives for 2020 and 2021 Courses on the Big Island Hawaii:
• Review the most recent hypertension guidelines
• Critique and implement the current depression guidelines
• Evaluate guidelines for pain management in 2020
• Manage patients who present with skin and soft tissue infections
• Review the current evidence-based guidelines for cancer screening, including the new conflicting lung and prostate cancer recommendations
• Understand the recent changes in adult immunizations especially for PCV13 and Shingles Vaccines
• Evaluate and treat diabetes mellitus
• Review the latest guidelines on the management of hyperlipidemias
• Discuss the current GOLD and ATS Guidelines for management of COPD
• Recognize the important changes in disease management for Geriatric patients
• Evaluate patients with presumed traveler's diarrhea and recognize the new treatment standards
The overall goals of the conference are to impact the diagnostic and treatment of patients seen in primary care practices.