This conference has been CANCELLED.
Western Institute of Legal Medicine is organized by Continuing Education, Inc and will be held from Aug 08 - 15, 2020 at Holland America's Eurodam, Seattle, Washington, United States of America.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners
• 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
• 20 ACPE Credits
• 20.0 Contact Hours (6 of which is the pre-course supplement)
Ethics, Medical Records, and Prescribing Practices - Opioids and Marijuana
• Crossing and Violating Ethical Boundaries and Unprofessional Conduct
• Electronic Health Record, and HIPAA Compliance
• Prescribing Practices
○ Medical and Recreational Marijuana (Cannabis)
○ Management of Pain and Substance Use Disorder
○ Opioid Crisis - Abuse, Diversion, Heroin, Fentanyl derivatives, Drug Prescription Monitoring Program, Guidelines and FDA REMS (Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy)
Attendees will learn best practices that will ensure that their ethical knowledge and behaviors meet applicable standards, laws, and regulations. These skills will help improve medical care and help ensure that attendees practice conforms to ethical requirements.
Attendees will learn best practices that will ensure that their medical records meet risk management standards, laws and regulations applicable to medical documentation. These skills will help improve medical care and enable more accurate communications between care providers.
Learn proper prescribing practices and how best to document prescriptions for controlled substances. Learn to avoid common pitfalls including inappropriate dispensing of medications from physician's offices, prescribing large amounts of narcotics at frequent intervals, or prescribing to family members, friends, or a person with a known history of substance abuse. This course has been developed to enhance the physicians ability to effectively prescribe controlled medications while minimizing their misuse whenever possible.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians, Attorneys, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists Fee||07 Aug,2020||USD 900.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news