Ultrasound Guided Vascular Access Course is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) Inc. and will be held on Aug 03, 2020 at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, St Petersburg, Florida, United States of America.
The ultrasound-guided vascular access course is designed for physicians, sonographers, PA’s, CRNA’S, nurses and other medical professionals involved with performing vascular access procedures. Specialty practice may include emergency, trauma, critical care, anesthesiology, internal medicine, and intensivists.
• The Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
• Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 7.25 hour(s) of ACEP Category I credit(s).
• Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 7.25 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
This program has been approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists for 6.75 Class A CE credits
Ultrasound Guided Vascular Access Live Training Course provides participants a strong foundation to perform central and peripheral line techniques. This comprehensive course is taught by leading emergency medicine ultrasound experts that specialize in ultrasound guidance and incorporates comprehensive lectures, interactive case presentations, and includes hands-on scanning featuring a 3:1 participant to instructor ratio with both live models (anatomy) and inanimate phantoms (interventional techniques). This course is specifically designed for physicians, sonographers and other medical professionals who need ultrasound-guided vascular access (UGVA) training. This course is offered as a one (1) day course at our facility in Downtown St. Petersburg, FL. GCUS offers this Ultrasound-Guided Vascular Access training as a stand alone one (1) day course, or as part of a two (2) day program combined with EITHER Ultrasound-Guided Regional Anesthesia or Ultrasound-Guided Nerve Blocks for Emergency Medicine Applications. In the two (2) day program, participants will learn central and peripheral line placement as well as upper and lower extremity nerve blocks.
• Ultrasound Imaging Fundamentals
• Fundamentals of Ultrasound Guided Vascular Access
• Why use Ultrasound Guidance
• “Direct” vs. “Indirect” Techniques
• “In-plane” vs. “Out-of-plane” Techniques
• Ultrasound Guided Central Line Placement
• Principles of Vessel Differentiation & Procedural Tips
• Internal Jugular & Axillary/Subclavian Approach & Clinical Case Review
• Femoral & Antecubital Vein Access
• Additional Access Sites & Comments on the Pediatric Patient
• Clinical Case Review
• Demonstrate the participant’s knowledge to better perform ultrasound-guided vascular access procedures.
• Demonstrate proper transducer manipulation and system optimization to produce diagnostic images.
• List the advantages and disadvantages of the “In-Plane” and “Out-of-Plane” and the “Direct” vs. “Indirect” ultrasound-guided vascular access techniques.
• Differentiate venous vs. arterial anatomy by ultrasound.
• Identify ultrasound imaging characteristics of vessels and contiguous anatomy to determine the optimal approach for vascular access.
• Identify ultrasound imaging characteristics of vascular pathology that would indicate a vessel is not suitable for vascular access.
• Demonstrate the use of ultrasound guidance for Central Line vascular access.
• Demonstrate the use of ultrasound guidance for Peripheral Line vascular access.
• Demonstrate competence to incorporate protocols, scan techniques, and interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
|Contact No. :||727.363.4500
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Advanced Fee||04 Jul,2020||USD 990.00|