Training the Clinical Trainer Course by RCPSG (Feb 03, 2020)
Training the Clinical Trainer Course is organized by Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (RCPSG) and will be held on Feb 03, 2020 at Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6 CPD Credits.
This course aims to enhance your knowledge of, and skills in, educational practice within a clinical setting. Designed for senior trainees across all specialties and mapped to CCT requirements, it will provide attendees with skills to meet the trainer criteria as set out in the GMC recognition of trainers requirements. It introduces participants to some of the key theoretical frameworks that underpin contemporary educational practice and demonstrates how these may be applied constructively and flexibly in clinical teaching. By highlighting the benefits of reflective practice and of sharing and developing good practice with colleagues, it will contribute to the continuing professional development of clinicians with training responsibilities.
This course is delivered by a lecturer in adult education and clinicians with a wealth of experience in clinical education.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
• Demonstrate an enhanced understanding of the nature and characteristics of the clinical learning environment
• Identify the needs of learners within the clinical environment
• Apply relevant educational principles and theory to their teaching practice
• Align their training practice with GMC standards for training
• Utilise a range of methods for providing targeted, constructive feedback to trainees
• Identify the applicability of different small and large and group teaching methods to training within the clinical environment
• Identify and define the benefits of reflective and collaborative practice in clinical teaching
|Contact No. :||+44 (0) 141 221 6072
+44 (0) 141 221 6072
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|NonMember Fee||02 Feb,2020||GBP 450.00|
|Fellow/Member Fee||02 Feb,2020||GBP 395.00|