This Conference has been CANCELLED.
The Difficult Airway Course: Anesthesia is organized by Airway Management Education Center (AMEC) and will be held from Sep 25 - 27, 2020 at InterContinental New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 17.75 CME Credits.
The Difficult Airway Course: Anesthesia is intended for anesthesia-trained healthcare providers including
Anesthesiologists, Nurse Anesthetists and Anesthesiologist Assistants.
This advanced, evidence-based program will enhance your skills in: when & how to use awake intubation in the difficult airway; how to identify & successfully manage the failed airway - with an emphasis on open cricothyrotomy; when & how to use airway exchange catheters to facilitate safe extubation of the difficult airway; new techniques for team leadership and managing human factors in an airway-related crisis. Then you'll bring it all together working through our Code Airway simulations - hands-on management of challenging scenarios!
This course is created and continually updated by practicing international experts in Anesthesiology, Airway Management and Human Factors, and is designed to advance the skills of even the most experienced providers.
Lung Separation Workshop -- an optional, pre-course workshop where you’ll learn and practice lung separation techniques with options for the difficult airway.
This advanced, evidence-based program will enhance your skills in:
• when & how to use awake intubation in the difficult airway;
• how to identify & successfully manage the failed airway - with an emphasis on open cricothyrotomy;
• when & how to use airway exchange catheters to facilitate safe extubation of the difficult airway;
• new techniques for team leadership and managing human factors in an airway-related crisis.
Setting the Standard:
Thousands of physicians world-wide come to our course for intensive training in the most critical elements of difficult airway management. Highlights include:
• Instruction by a world-class faculty of airway experts with an unparalleled passion for teaching.
• Content, techniques and “pearls” that benefit even the most experienced providers.
• Hands-on sessions featuring challenging Code AirwayTM stations.
• Focus on difficult airway management, difficult extubation, failed airway management and crisis team leadership.
• Dynamic and interactive learning environment.
Hands-on Training in Crucial Airway Techniques:
• Awake Intubation — When & How
• Topical Anesthesia
• Open Cricothyrotomy
• Extubation and Tube Exchange
• Crisis Team Leadership
• Video Laryngoscopy
• Flexible Endoscopic Intubation
• Lighted and Fiberoptic Intubating Stylets and Guides
• Techniques for the Obese Patient
• Simulation Case Reinforcing Cognitive Information
• Up-to-Date Evidence
Purpose & Objectives:
This course is designed to provide participants with state-of-the-art information and hands-on experience with the most critical elements of airway management to ensure effective and appropriate management of the airway. Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
• Perform an airway assessment to predict difficulty
• Describe the key elements of the difficult airway.
• Describe the steps of awake intubation.
• Identify a failed airway.
• Demonstrate proper surgical airway management techniques.
• Describe when and how to use an airway exchange catheter.
• Demonstrate safe extubation and tube exchange techniques.
• Use communication and team leadership techniques to optimize airway management.
• Demonstrate assessment and decision-making in a variety of airway management scenarios.
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Course Tuition Fee||27 Sep,2020||USD 1,400.00|
|Gold Rate Tuition (For Nurse Anesthetists and Anesthesiologist Assistants) Fee||27 Sep,2020||USD 1,200.00|
|Silver Rate Tuition (For Residents, Fellows, and Schumacher Clinical Partners Medical Staff) Fee||27 Sep,2020||USD 1,000.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
|Title||Start Time||End Time||Workshop Fee|
|Lung Separation Workshop Fee||25 Sep 2020 07:30 AM||25 Sep 2020 11:15 AM||USD 350.00|
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news