This conference has been CANCELLED.
Sensitive Topics in Women's Health: Sexuality, Menopause, and Mental Health is organized by Continuing Education, Inc. and will be held from Aug 07 - 14, 2020 at Celebrity Solstice, Seattle, Washington, United States of America.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Psychologists, Social Workers
• 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
• 14 ACPE Credits
• 14 CE Credits for Psychologists
• 14 ASWB ACE Credits
• 14.0 Contact Hours
• 9½ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
After completing the course, participants will be familiar with typical and atypical presentations of menopause, risks and benefits of hormone therapy in various settings, and both hormonal and non-hormonal treatments for common menopausal symptoms.
They will understand causes of sexual pain in women, understand the importance of a team approach to treating sexual pain, and be able to knowledgeably prescribe both hormonal and non-hormonal treatments for sexual dysfunction.
• Perimenopause and Menopause: overview and mgmt of irregular bleeding, hot flashes, and other symptoms
○ Describe the physiology of menopause and choose appropriate treatments for common symptoms
• Hormone therapy, the heart, and the "timing hypothesis"
○ Explain the differences in cardiac response to hormone therapy in younger women versus older women
• Hormone therapy and bone health
○ Understand the role of hormone therapy, among other strategies, in counseling and treating women at risk for osteoporosis and those with osteoporosis
• Female sexual dysfunction
○ Improve management strategies for identifying and treating sexual dysfunction in midlife women
• Diagnosis and treatment of dyspareunia
○ Utilize a stepwise approach to diagnosis of dyspareunia and initiate effective treatments
• Sexual enhancers: moisturizers, lubricants, and accessories
○ Inform midlife women about approaches other than hormones to improve sexual functioning
• The Female Brain: Expression of Psychiatric Illness in Women
○ Identify hormonal effects on mood and anxiety across the reproductive life cycle
• Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs)
○ Summarize the etiology, diagnosis, and treatment of PMADs.
• Perinatal Anxiety: Focus on PTSD and OCD.
○ Diagnose and develop a treatment plan for common perinatal anxiety symptoms.
• Bipolar Disorder in Women
○ Summarize key characteristics of Bipolar disorder that are unique to women.
○ Devise a treatment strategy for women with Bipolar disorder.
• Managing Bipolar Disorder during Pregnancy and Postpartum
○ Describe the safest and most effective options for treatment of Bipolar disorder during pregnancy and postpartum.
• DSM-5 Update on Female Sexual Dysfunction: Diagnosis and Treatment
○ Diagnose sexual dysfunction in females using DSM-5 terminology.
○ Develop a Biopsychosocial treatment plan for the most common female sexual dysfunction complaints.
• Evidence Based Approaches to Female Patients with Low Libido
○ Describe pharmacologic and behavioral interventions for the female patient with low libido
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists and Dentists Fee||06 Aug,2020||USD 895.00|
|Physician Assistants Fee||06 Aug,2020||USD 695.00|
|Nurse Practitioners Fee||06 Aug,2020||USD 695.00|
|Nurses, Students and Others Fee||06 Aug,2020||USD 495.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news