This conference has been CANCELLED.
Pulmonary Medicine, Addiction Medicine, Mental Health, and Nutrition is organized by Continuing Education, Inc. and will be held from Aug 02 - 09, 2020 at Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners
• 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
• 12 ACPE Credits
• 12.0 Contact Hours
The purpose of my lectures is to provide the audience an overview of substance abuse and diversion in the United States as well as to provide mechanisms to curtail the obesity epidemic seen over the last few decades.
Special emphasis will be placed on the scope of the problem of substance-related disorders (substance use, abuse, diversion), the efficacy of drugs used to treat substance use disorders, the impact of the increase in drug diversion (with a special focus on opioids), the consequences of substance use, abuse and addiction related to acute and chronic effects on health, crime, employment, and the strategies employed for substance use prevention.
Additional topics to be covered include, various theories of the causes of obesity and the extent it contributes to various disorders, the basic mechanism of action, common and/or severe adverse effects, and the pharmacokinetic parameters associated with the drugs used for the short- and long-term treatment of obesity. The desired outcomes include the ability to recommend specific pharmacotherapy for substance use disorders, and for short- and long-term treatment of obesity, the ability to list the most common adverse effects associated with all drugs discussed, the ability to compare and contrast the efficacy of drugs used to treat substance use disorders and obesity, the ability to discuss the reasons for the increase in use of diverted substances especially in young people, and the ability to describe the current theories on the etiology of addiction and obesity. The prevention and treatment of substance abuse and obesity should be a priority of all members of the health care team; these lectures will emphasis the interdisciplinary approaches to best accomplish this.
• Overview of substance use disorders (addiction) and diversion: epidemiology, etiology, diagnosis and pharmacological and pharmacokinetic properties of commonly abused substances - Part one
○ Describe the scope of the problem of substance-related disorders (substance use, abuse, diversion)
• Overview of substance use disorders (addiction) and diversion: epidemiology, etiology, diagnosis and pharmacological and pharmacokinetic properties of commonly abused substances - Part two, and Consequences and Prevention of Substance Abuse and Addiction
○ Distinguish the changes to diagnostic criteria between DSM-IV-TR to DSM-5 for substance-use disorders
• Pharmacotherapy for Substance Use Disorders - Ethanol, Nicotine, and Opioids
○ Compare and contrast the efficacy of drugs used to treat substance use disorders
• Obesity and weight control including pharmacotherapy for both OTC and prescription drugs
○ Compare and contrast the efficacy of drugs used for the short- and long-term treatment of obesity.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|PORT OF CALL:||Date||Time|
|Start Point||Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas, 7-Night Western Mediterranean Cruise, Barcelona, Catalonia||Sunday Aug 02||12:00 AM|
|End Point||Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas, 7-Night Western Mediterranean Cruise, Barcelona, Catalonia||Sunday Aug 09||12:00 AM|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists and Dentists Fee||01 Aug,2020||USD 895.00|
|Physician Assistants Fee||01 Aug,2020||USD 695.00|
|Nurse Practitioners Fee||01 Aug,2020||USD 695.00|
|Nurses, Students and Others Fee||01 Aug,2020||USD 495.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news