PBI Professional Boundaries and Ethics: Essential Edition is organized by Professional Boundaries Education and will be held from Feb 07 - 09, 2020 at Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America.
24 CME/CE hours
With pre-seminar preparation in addition to the three day in-person course, the Enhanced Edition offers a comprehensive educational experience. The 10-hour pre-course, consisting of readings and written exercises, prepares participants for the conceptual, emotional, and practical work that will occur in the seminar.
Our suite of Professional Boundaries and Ethics courses employ the premise that everyone has the potential to commit a boundary or ethics violation-yet not everyone does. As in many other similar boundaries and ethics courses, participants learn why they are being held to account. But in our course, participants also open their eyes to what predisposed them to violate professional or ethical norms at the particular time and in the particular manner that they did.
These learnings drive an intensive process of self-assessment and introspection, culminating in the development of a Personalized Protection Plan that each participant designs to avoid future wrongdoing, safeguard patients and colleagues, and honor the reputation of their profession.
Professions this course is suitable for:
Physicians, dentists, veterinarians, chiropractors, physician assistants, nurses, mental health providers, EMT's, physical therapists, students, and a wide variety of other clinicians.
This course addresses issues such as:
• Professional misconduct
• Non-Sexual and sexual boundary violations
• Workplace relationships and disruptive behavior
• Recognizing power imbalances
• General boundary crossing & violations
• Board-mandated or anticipated disciplinary action
• Team or clinical communication issues
• Express why and how healthcare professionals are held accountable for adhering to standards of practice, codes of ethics, and state statutes
• Discuss attributes and behaviors that constitute professionalism in the context of health care, and identify specific lapses in their own professionalism
• Explain how professional problems evolve, employing the model of a continuum of boundary impingements
• Express how professional lapses can adversely affect clinical judgment and cause a range of other impacts and harms
• Describe the components of the Boundary Formula™ and apply them to their own violation potential and, if applicable, their infraction
• Create and implement a Personalized Protection Plan that includes strategies, safeguards, and systems to reduce the risk of relapse and improve accountability
• Detect early warning signs of professional problems in themselves and others in order to reduce the risk of future violations
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Doctoral Degree Rate (Ex: MD, DO, DVM, DDS, DMD, Pharm. D, DPM, DC, Ph.D., etc.) - Registartion Fee||06 Feb,2020||USD 2,250.00|
|Non-Doctoral Degree (Ex: PA, nurses, PT, OT, RT, pharmacists, therapists/counselors, acupuncturists, dental hygienists, allied health professionals, etc.) - Registartion Fee||06 Feb,2020||USD 1,650.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news