IV Sedation Recertification Course is organized by DOCS Education and will be held from Feb 22 - 23, 2020 at Pullman San Francisco Bay, San Francisco, California, United States of America.
The first 5 CE credits of Oral Sedation Dentistry are completed online. Advanced Cardiac Life Support also has Pre-Course requirements. You will receive login instructions via email to access the pre-course in your DOCS Dashboard.
PSD pre-course is 10 hours.
Medicine and dentistry are always evolving. Our IV Recertification course will help you keep your skills on the cutting edge.
There are many advantages of attending the IV Recertification course, including the following:
New science – Learn up-to-date science and protocols that you can immediately apply in your practice
One-on-one instruction – Participate in one-on-one emergency training using SimMan®
Critical safety training – Refresh your safety skills using high-fidelity patient simulators
Real-life applications – Review IV case selection and protocols through real-life case studies
Refresh Your IV Sedation Dentistry Skills:
IV sedation dentistry is a proven, safe and effective way to help patients—including those with high anxiety or those with physical responses including gagging or difficulty getting numb.
Course material includes a review of the science behind IV sedation along with a look at new protocols. Other key topics include the following:
• Patient selection and evaluation(118)
• Respiratory and cardiovascular anatomy and physiology(117)
• Nitrous oxide analgesia(77, 91, 114)
• Local anesthetic review(147)
• Patient monitoring
• Airway management(117)
• Emergency preparedness(102)
• Venipuncture and IV access
• Intravenous drug administration
• Medical and legal aspects of anesthesia administration
Students in the IV Recertification course gain valuable, targeted, clinically-relevant information that can quickly be put to use.
• Expand the number of protocols in your arsenal to maximize treatment effectiveness
• Reduce risk for both your patients and your practice with hands-on airway management and emergency training
• Do away with guesswork by thoroughly exploring proper case selection, management and protocols using real-life case studies
• Refresh venipuncture skills utilizing practice model arms to start an IV line
• Reacquaint yourself with the most commonly used IV medications(84, 91, 161), and learn about new drugs on the market
• Discuss the pharmacology of anesthetic agents
• Study airway evaluation and management
• Review cardiac rhythm
• Learn the keys to proper patient selection(118)
• Get hands-on airway training
• Discuss pharmacology (continued)
• Learn the essentials of monitoring you patients
• Discover new and useful products
• Update your knowledge with the latest protocols
• Review and practice venipuncture
• Discuss sedation complications
• Review morbidity and mortality case examples(97, 118)
• Practice crisis skills in simulated emergencies
|Contact No. :||855-227-6505
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Doctor Fee||21 Feb,2020||USD 1925.00|
|Team Member Fee||21 Feb,2020||USD 0.00|