Introduction to Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Imaging Course 2020
Introduction to Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Imaging Course is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) Inc. and will be held from Oct 12 - 13, 2020 at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, St Petersburg, Florida, United States of America.
Sonographers, physicians, physician assistants and other medical professionals learning how to perform and/or interpret carotid duplex/color examinations. Participants may include (but are not limited to) those involved with internal medicine, cardiology, radiology, neurology, general/vascular surgery, and primary care.
The Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 15.00 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Introduction to Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Imaging Live Training Course is taught by leading vascular ultrasound experts and covers cerebrovascular anatomy/physiology, Doppler principles, scan techniques, interpretation criteria, and interactive interpretation sessions. Extensive hands-on workshops are provided with a 3:1 participant to faculty hands-on scan ratio allowing the participant to have the confidence to immediately integrate the skills learned into clinical practice.
Combine the Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Imaging program with the 2-day Peripheral Vascular Duplex/Color Flow Imaging for the most comprehensive vascular ultrasound training. The combined course offers the ability to expand your knowledge and competence to increase patient services offered. In addition, a tuition discount is applied to the combined programs along with savings in travel expenses.
• Doppler & Color Fundamentals
• Carotid Anatomy & Physiology
• Normal Spectral Analysis
• Carotid Scan Protocol
• Intima-Media Thickness: Measurement & Evaluation
• Carotid Stenosis Assessment I
• Non-Atherosclerotic Carotid Abnormalities
• TCD Basics
• Challenging Case Studies
• How to Structure a Report
• Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Imaging ultrasound examinations.
• Apply knowledge of the anatomy/physiology of the cerebrovascular system into the Carotid Duplex examination.
• Cite Doppler/color physics principles and be able to (sonographers) apply these principles to optimize system controls and/or (physicians) utilize this information for identifying technical errors which may result in misdiagnosis.
• Perform routine scan protocols and Doppler calculations in a complete carotid duplex/color examination.
• Differentiate normal/abnormal spectral Doppler/color characteristics.
• List methods for obtaining quantitative information and state the diagnostic relevance of each measurement.
• Characterize plaque morphology and other pathology associated with cerebral vascular disease.
• Perform Intima-Media Thickness measurements and state the clinical significance as a screening method for cardiovascular disease.
• Integrate the information to include and prepare a structured report for a carotid ultrasound examination.
• Apply diagnostic criteria for accurate interpretation of carotid duplex/color flow examinations
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Advanced Fee||12 Sep,2020||USD 1,645.00|
|Regular Fee||11 Oct,2020||USD 1,845.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news