Introduction to Abdominal & Primary Care Ultrasound - Live Course
Introduction to Abdominal & Primary Care Ultrasound - Live Course is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) Inc. and will be held from Nov 09 - 11, 2020 at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, St Petersburg, Florida, United States of America.
Sonographers, physicians, PAs and other medical professionals learning how to perform and/or interpret abdominal sonography. Participants may include (but are not limited to) those involved with: primary care, internal medicine, emergency medicine, critical care, hospitalists, trauma, gastroenterology, and urology.
Introduction to Abdominal & Primary Care Ultrasound - Live Course:
• The Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute designates this live activity for a maximum of 23.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
• Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 23.50 hour(s) of ACEP Category I credit(s).
• Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 23.50 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Introduction to Abdominal & Primary Care Ultrasound Live Training Course is taught by leading abdominal and primary care ultrasound experts and covers liver, Gallbladder/biliary tree, renal/bladder, pancreas, spleen, abdominal aorta, GI tract, trauma, thyroid, scrotal, and soft-tissue applications. Extensive hands-on scanning workshops are included the industry lowest 3:1 participant to faculty hands-on scan ratio. The abdominal and primary care ultrasound courses includes lectures, interactive case presentations, and extensive hands-on skills training.
Combine the Abdominal/Primary Care Ultrasound course with the 2-day OB-GYN Ultrasound Program to expand your diagnostic skills and patient services. Attending the combined Abdominal/Primary Care and OB-GYN Ultrasound courses also provides a tuition discount and saving in travel related expenses.
• Imaging Fundamentals
• Abdominal Anatomy/Scan Techniques
• Abdominal Aorta
• Liver Sonography & Pathology
• Gallbladder & Biliary Tree Sonography & Pathology
• Spleen, Pancreas, and Renal Sonography
• Scrotal / Testicular
• Evaluation of the Appendix & GI Tract
• Thyroid Ultrasound
• E-FAST Exam
• Soft Tissue & MSK Applications
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Appendix & GI Tract
• Interactive Case Studies
• Increase participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret abdominal ultrasound examinations.
• Demonstrate proper transducer manipulation and system optimization to produce diagnostic images.
• Perform scan protocols and routine measurements that are utilized during an abdominal ultrasound evaluation.
• Identify normal/abnormal imaging characteristics of the liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen, kidneys and abdominal vasculature.
• Cite Doppler/color physics principles and be able to (sonographers) apply these principles to optimize system controls or (physicians) utilize this information for identifying technical errors which may result in misdiagnosis (optional lecture).
• Demonstrate routine examination protocols associated with the ultrasound evaluation of renal artery stenosis (optional lecture).
• Differentiate normal/abnormal characteristics for the evaluation of the thyroid, testes/scrotum, and appendix.
• Perform ultrasound evaluation of the trauma patient (FAST exam).
• Demonstrate the use of ultrasound for evaluation of soft-tissue pathology.
• Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, scan techniques & interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Advance Fee||10 Oct,2020||USD 1,940.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news