Asia Pacific Future of Medicine and Medical Education Symposium is organized by Koo Foundation Sun Yat-Sen Cancer Center (KFSYSCC) and will be held from May 09 - 10, 2020 at Koo Foundation Sun Yat-Sen Cancer Center, Taipei, Taiwan.
Join us May 9-10, 2020 for our Future of Medicine and Medical Education Symposium. This year's conference will feature dynamic speakers from the University of Pennsylvania, UCLA, University of Texas at Austin, Duke University, and Stanford University. They will discuss how to teach and train the next generation of medical students and clinical workforce on the core skills needed to practice medicine effectively and efficiently.
The Koo Foundation Sun Yat-Sen Cancer Center is hosting this two-day symposium with support from the China Medical Board (started in 1914 as the second major program of the Rockefeller Foundation to support China and other Asian nations) and the Andrew T. Huang Medical Education Promotion Fund. We have dynamic speakers delivering keynotes, panel discussions, and breakout sessions, including the following:
• Ezekiel Emanuel, MD, PhD (Special Advisor for Health Policy under President Obama, Vice Provost for Global Initiatives, Chair of the Department of Medical Ethics and Health Policy, University of Pennsylvania)
• Robert Brook, MD, ScD (Former Vice President and Director of RAND Health, Professor Emeritus of Medicine and Health Services, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) )
• Clay Johnston, MD, PhD (Dean of Dell Medical School, Vice President for Medical Affairs, University of Texas at Austin)
• Allan Kirk, MD, PhD (David C. Sabiston, Jr. Distinguished Professor of Surgery, Department of Surgery Chairman, Duke University School of Medicine)
• Mildred Cho, PhD (Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine, Associate Director, Stanford Center for Biomedical Ethics, Stanford University)
This event looks to strengthen education & training of the healthcare workforce, increase partnerships across the Asia-Pacific region, explore ways to enhance the quality of medical education, and advance training to meet the needs of changing demographics and a new generation of healthcare workers. I invite you to join many of your peers at this symposium to lend your voice. I hope you will join us this spring in Taipei, Taiwan.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Contact No. :||+886 22897-0011 ext 3312
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|General Admission Fee||08 May,2020||TWD 0.00|
The Tango Taipei Linsen,
No. 15, Lane 83, Section 1, Zhongshan N Rd, Zhongshan District,
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan 10491,
+886 2 2531 9999
Aloft Taipei Beitou,
No. 1, Lane 300, Daye Road, Beitou District,
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan 11268,
+886 2 7701 1788
Renaissance Taipei Shihlin Hotel,
11141, Taiwan, Taipei City, Shilin District, No 8 Ln470, Section 5, Zhongshan North Road, Shilin District,
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan ,
+886 2 8861 2389