Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) Course is organized by Advanced Life Support Group (ALSG) and will be held from Feb 22 - 23, 2020 at MERAS Health and Conference Centre, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom.
There are 2 models for APLS courses, a 3-day face-to-face course (non-UK centres) OR a 3-day course comprising 1-day of pre-course on-line learning (VLE) and a 2-day face-to-face course - if you choose the latter you MUST complete the VLE before you attend, so book early and remember that you need at least 10 hours to complete it. Some centres running this model may also be accommodating one group of PHPLS candidates. If you have already completed a course and after 4 years want to recertify, you can choose to attend a shorter APLS Recertification course. Choose APLS Recertification from the dropdown list for dates for these courses. Please check the start and end date of the course to confirm which model you are attending.
The target audience for this medical event is:
• A medical, nursing, ECP, ODP or RTO background
• Physician’s Assistants for which APLS is relevant to their working practice.
• RTOs from any background who work in a paediatric hospital are eligible to take the programme. However, RTOs who work in a nonpaediatric hospital, with any other background to those already listed, can send an application to the Working Group detailing their paediatric practice and each of these cases will be considered individually. The Working Group also recommended that nurses are senior staff nurses and above.
• Experienced level 5 staff nurses
• The APLS course provides the knowledge and skills necessary for recognition and effective treatment and stabilisation of children with
• life-threatening emergencies, using a structured, sequential approach.
• The seriously ill and or injured child needs to be treated as an individual; there are four key differences that determine treatment
• weight, anatomy, physiology, and psychology.
• The structured approach focuses the clinician on resuscitation, emergency treatment followed by continual stabilisation and then transfer to a definitive care environment.
• APLS aims to teach, practice and test the acquisition and use of these technical skills. In addition, the human factors that generate the highest quality and safest healthcare provision are considered.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||+44 161 794 1999
+44 (0)161 794 1999
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Flexi Booking Early Bird Rate||22 Oct,2020||GBP 550.00|
|Fixed Booking Early Bird Rate||22 Oct,2020||GBP 495.00|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Flexi Booking Last Minute Rate||22 Feb,2020||GBP 650.00|
|Fixed Booking Last Minute Rate||22 Feb,2020||GBP 585.00|