This conference has been CANCELLED.
Adult and Pediatric Urology; Pediatric Critical Care and Pediatric Procedural Sedation is organized by Continuing Education, Inc. and will be held from Jul 05 - 12, 2020 at Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Pediatricians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners
• 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
• 12 ACPE Credits
• Up to 12 MOC (Part II) points in the American Board of Pediatrics' (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
• 12.0 Contact Hours
• 6 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
The seven lectures on Adult and Pediatric Urology will review recent guidelines as well as current advances in the evaluation and management of a number of commonly encountered Adult and Pediatric Urologic Conditions encountered in both Primary Care and Specialty Care offices. A review of recent changes in the guidelines and recommendations in such conditions as undescended testes radiologic and medical management of urolithiasis, evaluation and management of overactive bladder and the evaluation and management of uncomplicated urinary tract infections in women is essential to ensure that individuals affected by these conditions achieve timely and appropriate treatment to minimize long-term adverse effects.
Primary care providers must be aware of recent advances in the field of Urologic oncology, particularly indications and adverse events associated with newer therapies as well as the role of biomarkers in the various urologic malignancies. Lastly, pediatric urologic conditions are commonly identified in the primary care office and thus an understanding of commonly encountered pediatric urologic conditions will help primary care providers to determine what children need urgent evaluation and which children may be further evaluated and managed by the primary care provider. The team approach to management of such conditions may optimize care, minimize morbidity and cost.
The pediatric critical care review is intended to discuss important topics and updates on the care of critically ill children. We will touch on the evolving pediatric shock and sepsis recommendations as well as sedative and analgesic practices. A review of pediatric respiratory failure will include discussions on etiologies, the pediatric airway, non-invasive and ventilator management. Additionally, we will discuss pediatric sedation including pharmacologic options and scoring. The desired outcomes are for the attendees to have a better understanding of the current treatment recommendations and increased comfort with the care for these patients in their own practice settings.
1. Urolithiasis: Evaluation and Management in Adults and Children
• Upon completion of this activity, participants should be aware of the signs/symptoms of urolithiasis, the recommended radiologic evaluation, medial therapy and metabolic work-up in individuals with urolithiasis
2. Current guidelines for the evaluation and management of overactive bladder
• Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to identify the symptoms of OAB, perform a simplified evaluation, understand who the PCP can manage with first and second line therapies and who should be referred to a specialist.
3. Common pediatric urologic problems: what is normal? When to worry?
• As a result of this activity, participants should be able to describe several common pediatric urologic problems and which problems require urgent evaluation, may be managed initially by the PCP tor referral to a specialist
4. Evaluation and Management of voiding dysfunction in children
• As a result of this activity, participants will be able to cite the signs/symptoms of pediatric voiding dysfunction and the role of behavioral intervention in voiding dysfunction.
5. Adolescent varicocele: Who to treat? Who to follow?
• As a result of this activity, participants will be able to describe current controversies in adolescent varicocele
6. What's new in Adult Urologic Oncology
• Upon completion of this activity, participants will be aware of recent diagnostic and treatment advances in the field of urologic oncology including the role of biomarkers in prostate cancer and new therapies for advanced prostate cancer and bladder cancer
7. Evaluation and Management of Recurrent Uncomplicated Urinary Tract Infections in Women
• As a result of this activity, participants will be able to describe the current guidelines for the evaluation and management of Recurrent uncomplicated urinary tract infections in women
8. Pediatric Shock and Sepsis
• Understand current concepts as well as outcomes data in pediatric shock and sepsis.
9. Pediatric Acute Respiratory Failure
• Familiarize with the identification of treatment of acute respiratory failure in children.
10. Pediatric Airway Management
• Improve comfort in the management of the pediatric airway.
11. Vasoactive Medications
• Selection of vasoactive medication to support end organ function in the critically ill child.
12. Ventilator Management
• Understand basic invasive ventilation management and transition to more advanced modalities.
13. Pediatric sedation and Analgesia
• Selection and titration of intermittent as well as continuous infusion to facilitate care of critically ill children.
14. Pediatric Procedural Sedation
• Differentiate different levels of pediatric sedation and define management options to optimize pediatric patient comfort for non-invasive and invasive procedures.
|Contact No. :||1-800-422-0711,
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists and Dentists Fee||04 Jul,2020||USD 895.00|
|Physician Assistants Fee||04 Jul,2020||USD 695.00|
|Nurse Practitioners Fee||04 Jul,2020||USD 695.00|
|Nurses, Students and Others Fee||04 Jul,2020||USD 495.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news