A Practical Guide to Effective Nurse Prescribing for Pain is organized by Healthcare (HC) - UK Conferences and will be held on Mar 06, 2020 at De Vere West One Conference Centre, London, England, United Kingdom.
This important national conference provides an essential update for current and aspiring nurse prescribers on prescribing for pain. Pain is a growing area of nurse prescribing and one of the most common areas, in a survey of the Association for Prescribers members 50% of members prescribed for pain (Karen Stenner, University of Surrey). This make it essential that nurse prescribers maintain the competence and skills to prescribe for pain in an effective way, working with patients to improve pain outcomes both in the inpatient setting and the community.
The conference will also discuss the role of the Prescribing Competency Framework in supporting nurse pain prescribing standards.
Through national updates and extended interactive practical case studies delegates will hear how to develop and maintain prescribing competence, and how to develop effectiveness in post qualification practice.
This conference will enable you to:
• Network with colleagues who are working to improving nurse prescribing for pain
• Learn from outstanding practice in management of pain
• Reflect on Pain management and some of its many facets through case presentation
• Develop your skills in pain assessment
• Understanding how outcome scales and measures can improve your service
• Learn how to use the National Prescribing Competency Framework as proposed by the NMC
• Understand how to effectively develop, demonstrate and maintain continued competence in Prescribing for Pain
• Reflect on lessons from experts in nurse prescribing for specific case study areas with in depth interactive sessions focusing on Pain and opioids: approaches to minimise risks, Chronic Pain, Inpatient Pain, Pain in the Older Person, Cancer and End of Life Care Pain including Symptom Control
• Working with patients with co-morbidity
• Identify key strategies for improving nurse prescribing practice for pain
• Develop your role and confidence as a nurse prescriber
• Self assess, reflect and expand your skills in prescribing practice whilst understanding your limits of practice
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|NHS, Social Care, Private Healthcare Organisations and Universities Fee||05 Mar,2020||GBP 438.00|
|Voluntary sector and charities Fee||05 Mar,2020||GBP 360.00|
|Commercial organisations Fee||05 Mar,2020||GBP 594.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news