2020 Cedars-Sinai International Endoscopy Symposium is organized by Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and will be held from Jan 30 - Feb 02, 2020 at Cedars Sinai Medical Center Harvey Morse Conference Center, Los Angeles, California, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 32 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Gastroenterology, Imaging, Internal Medicine, Radiology
David Carr-Locke, MB, BChir, DRCOG, FRCP, FACG
Clinical Director, The Center for Advanced Digestive Care
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Weill Cornell Medicine
Simon K. Lo, MD, FACP, FACG
Director, Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases Program
F. Widjaja Family Chair in Digestive Diseases
Director, Endoscopy Service
Director, Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases Program
Michael J. Bourke, MBBS, FRACP
Clinical Professor of Medicine
Director of Endoscopy
Departments of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
University of Sydney at Westmead Hospital
Sydney, NSW, Australia
The Cedars-Sinai International Endoscopy Symposium will be held in cooperation with leaders of multiple major endoscopy centers in North America, Europe and Asia. For the 27th year, this signature course will offer an intensive and comprehensive review of pancreatic and biliary endoscopy for the benefit of gastroenterologists, gastroenterology fellows, and gastroenterology nurses and technicians. The 2020 symposium will feature focused educational tracks as well as an optional one-day Thursday program on advanced luminal endoscopy, with live procedure demonstrations in the afternoon. On Friday morning, a special session on radiation safety has been added to provide clinicians utilizing fluoroscopy with the risks and benefits of its use, including the most current educational information on fluoroscopy regulations, radiation biology, physics, equipment operation, image evaluation, dosing, and multiple aspects of patient safety. Invited expert faculty will perform multiple live luminal endoscopy, EUS and ERCP procedures to demonstrate techniques and technology for the benefit of participants watching the live feed in the Cedars-Sinai auditorium. To reinforce skills and obtain more personalized educational content, attendees may participate in hands-on workshops designed for GI fellows and GI nurses.
• Recognize patient- and procedure-related risk factors associated with ERCP and implement evidence-based patient safety measures to optimize outcomes
• Critically evaluate complex and challenging ERCP cases and discuss optimal approaches to patient management and avoiding complications
• Assess endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS) as a diagnostic and therapeutic tool for managing patients with gastrointestinal, pancreaticobiliary and hepatic diseases
• Distinguish and select the most appropriate diagnostic and treatment approach for patients with luminal gastrointestinal issues
• Apply best practices to minimize patient radiation dose during fluoroscopy and avoid the chance of skin injury during extended fluoroscopic procedures (radiation safety)
• Identify current surgical and medical treatment and management strategies for the patient with pancreatic cancer
• Adopt a multidisciplinary approach to treatment planning for patients with gastric cancer prior to clinical decision-making
• Assess current and emerging diagnostic and therapeutic techniques in GI endoscopy and how best to implement best practices in the endoscopy suite (GI nurses and technicians)
• Enhance knowledge of the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of digestive diseases for which endoscopic procedures are indicated and assess techniques and technologies currently utilized in the field (Fellows)
• Explore training, research, and career opportunities for interventional fellows with colleagues and expert faculty (Fellows)
Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to cancel or reschedule program due to circumstances beyond its control, or to close registration when program is oversubscribed. Registrants are advised against purchasing non-refundable airline tickets until they received registration confirmation. Cedars-Sinai is not responsible for penalties incurred because of cancelled transportation costs.
Cedars-Sinai has arranged for a block of rooms at the Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills hotel, at special conference rates. Individuals must ask for group reservations and identify themselves as attendees of the Cedars-Sinai Pancreatic & Biliary Endoscopy conference.
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
8555 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048
Sofitel hotel is a stunning hotel in LA offering elegant luxury accommodations. It is located conveniently across the street, just a short walking distance from Cedars-Sinai.
ROOM TYPE RATE/NIGHT
Superior King $295 + tax
Superior Double/Double $315 + tax
Hollywood Hills View Luxury King $315 + tax
Please call 310-278-5444 to make your reservation over the phone. The special rate will be available until 1/15/2020
|Contact No. :||+1 310-423-3277
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price||Quantity||Total|
Pay through our Chase-certified secure payment gateway.
* We take the highest measures to ensure your information is secure and do not store or share your information with any third parties.
Cedars Sinai Medical Center Harvey Morse Conference Center
8701 Gracie Allen Drive, Plaza Level, South Tower
Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills,
8555 Beverly Blvd.,
Los Angeles, California, United States of America 90048,