Wonca Africa Regional Conference is organized by World Organization of Family Doctors (WONCA) and will be held from Jun 06 - 08, 2019 at International University of East Africa, Kampala, Central, Uganda.
Theme: People Centered Primary Care
Not only is this theme and conference an opportunity to focus our collective minds on a globally important topic, considering the strong policy shift to universal health coverage, but also a chance to strengthen WONCA networks and advocacy. A key message must be “every family deserves a family doctor-led team”. The programme will include leading lights in WONCA across the world, including the incoming WONCA World President and various experts in WONCA Working Parties who will share best practice from around the world.
The following sub-themes have been suggested by the scientific committee. The sub themes focus on service delivery and policy with research cutting across.
• Community Health
• Community-oriented primary care
• Patient-centred care
• Primary health care
• Global health
• Health promotion and disease prevention
• Family and gender-based violence
• Health professions’ education
• Human resources for health
• Primary care research
• Rural health and rural health care
• Universal health coverage
• Quality assurance/improvement in health
• Technologies and Innovations for health
• Health systems
• Non Communicable Diseases
• Maternal and child health
• Infectious diseases Epidemics and epidemic preparedness
• Refugee and immigration health
• Neglected tropical diseases
• Social determinants of health
• Chronic and palliative care
Pre-conference: 5th June 2019 from 9am to 2pm.
The theme for the preconference is "Mentoring the Young Family Physician – A leader in Primary Healthcare". It will attract African and global family physicians in the early stage of their career. Distinguished speakers will share ideas on mentorship and leadership as key factors in Primary Healthcare delivery.
The preconference also provides a platform for networking and gaining more knowledge in Family Medicine. Do have fun and make the most of every opportunity available.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||+256 772 60-30-67
January 31, 2019
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|International Delegates Late Fee||05 Jun,2019||USD 650.00|
|Direct Members International Delegates Late Fee||05 Jun,2019||USD 600.00|
|Direct Members Late Fee||05 Jun,2019||USD 450.00|
|Other Members Late Fee||05 Jun,2019||USD 500.00|
|Young Doctors Late Fee||05 Jun,2019||USD 250.00|
|Students Late Fee||05 Jun,2019||USD 200.00|
|Accompanying Persons Late Fee||05 Jun,2019||USD 200.00|