VFM: Visceral Functional Mobilization is organized by The Institute of Physical Art, Inc. (IPA) and will be held from Nov 15 - 17, 2019 at Barrow Rehabilitation Institute of Scottsdale, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 18 Contact Hours.
PT, PTA, OT, SPT
Attendees agree to utilize all skills of evaluation, assessment and treatment learned in this course to the extent allowed under the regulations of their professional practice act. By registering you acknowledge that your attendance does not represent authorization by the IPA, or any of its officers, to utilize any of the material learned which may lie outside of the strict interpretation of your practice act.
Visceral Functional Mobilization (VFM) is a course designed to train the participant to palpate and identify structures of the digestive system, starting from the esophagus to the rectum, including the gallbladder, liver, and sphincters. Other structures that will be introduced include the diaphragm, prostate, bladder and uterus. Research has identified that limited visceral mobility impacts skeletal mobility and the function of the involved organ. This course is designed to train the participant to identify mechanical dysfunction within the abdominal viscera and provide treatment strategies to enhance function and mobility. This course is an expansion upon and refinement of the visceral section previously taught in Functional Mobilization II (FM II).
• Develop anatomical palpation skills for the respiratory, digestive, and reproductive organs.
• Correlate subjective and objective findings gained from directed questions, Functional Tests, Functional Movement Patterns, PNF, and palpation.
• Correlate changes in visceral mobility to functional changes in the spine and extremities.
• Identify appropriate FM strategies to enhance mechanical capacity of identified restrictions.
• Develop a home program inclusive of self-mobilization procedures.~Discuss the clinical and published evidence for treatment of viscera.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||970 870-9521
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Course Early Fee||15 Oct,2019||USD 595.00|
|Course Standard Fee||14 Nov,2019||USD 661.00|