UCSF Imaging Update in Costa Rica is organized by The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Office of Continuing Medical Education and will be held from Dec 08 - 13, 2019 at Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort, Playa Herradura, Puntarenas, Costa Rica.
Course Outline :
This course will focus on practical imaging issues for the general radiologist, with an emphasis on routine and potential pitfalls in diagnosis and patient management. Daily sessions will cover specifi c themes, which will be organized by organ system and modailty, and will include abodminal, thoracic, cardio-vascular, breast, musculoskeletal and neurologic imaging utilizing CT, MR and Ultrasound.
At the completion of the course, the attendee should be able to:
1. utilize HRCT imaging in the multidisciplinary diagnosis of idiopathic pulmonary fi brosis
2. include 5th edition BI-RADS categories in breast imaging reports
3. recognize and remedy complications associated with paracentesis, central vein access, thoracentesis
4. interpret acute abnormalities in the abdomen, pelvis and musculoskeletal systems using ultrasound and CT/MR correlations
5. develop an effi cient approach to analyze common musculoskeletal disease dilemmas, including osseous infection and malignancy
6. identify a range of neurological conditions; including intracranial hemorrhage, spine infections, CNS tumors and CSF dynamics.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.