The Role of Nonpharmacological Approaches to Pain Management: A Workshop
The Role of Nonpharmacological Approaches to Pain Management: A Workshop is organized by The Health and Medicine Division of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine (HMD-NASEM) and will be held from Dec 04 - 05, 2018 at National Academy of Sciences, Washington, Dist of Col, United States of America.
This conference topics are Education, Global Health, Health Care Workforce, Biomedical and Health Research, Substance Use and Mental Health, Public Health.
• Review the current state of evidence on the effectiveness of nonpharmacological treatments and integrative health models for pain management, as well as available evidence on use patterns and patient interest. Examples may include acupuncture, manual therapies, physical therapy and exercise, cognitive behavioral therapy, tai chi, yoga, meditation, and neurostimulation.
• Consider multimodal approaches and potential synergies between pharmacological and nonpharmacological approaches to pain management.
• Consider multimodal approaches and potential synergies between devices and nonpharmacological approaches to pain management.
• Discuss research gaps and key questions for further research.
• Examine health professions' current approaches for educating students, trainees, and practicing clinicians on nonpharmacological pain management, and discuss potential next steps to improve training and education within and across health professions.
• Explore policies, such as those related to reimbursement, that would enable broader dissemination and implementation of evidence-based nonpharmacological treatments when appropriate.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||202-334-3973|
Conference Fee Details
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news