PBI Prescribing: Opioids, Pain Management, and Addiction (RX-21) is organized by Professional Boundaries Education and will be held from Dec 07 - 08, 2019 at UCI Student Center & Event Services, Irvine, California, United States of America.
Course Credit: 21 CME/CE hours
More than just a course in sound prescribing practices, this course reaches beyond. We examine the personal and professional reasons why clinicians fail to prescribe properly. Both broad and deep, the curriculum covers common misconceptions about opioids, assessment of patients for misuse potential, setting prescribing-related boundaries, team-based pain management approaches, and compliance with documentation, laws, and rules.
In addition, and building on insights into why clinicians prescribe inappropriately, participants develop a Personalized Protection Plan. This plan is designed to help them maintain their newfound knowledge base and prevent prescribing-related lapses.
Professions this course is suitable for:
Prescribers from all disciplines will benefit from this course.
This course addresses issues such as:
• Inappropriate or unsafe prescribing of CDS
• Inadequate treatment and management of patients with chronic pain
• Documentation that does not comply with laws and regulations
• Poor understanding of drug dependence, addiction, and abuse potential
• Implement safer, more effective treatment with improved outcome through the application of a comprehensive knowledge of the spectrum of pain medications
• Apply the prescribing laws and regulations into clinical practice for the safe and effective use of opioids and controlled substances
• Produce and maintain medical records documenting compliance prescribing laws and documenting appropriate management and treatment of chronic pain
• Differentiate opioid dependency and addiction to minimize abuse potential and maximize pain management
|Contact No. :||904-800-1237|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Doctoral Degree Rate (Ex: MD, DO, DVM, DDS, DMD, Pharm. D, DPM, DC, Ph.D., etc.)||06 Dec,2019||USD 1,895.00|
|Non-Doctoral Degree Rate (Ex: PA, nurses, PT, OT, RT, pharmacists, therapists/counselors, acupuncturists, dental hygienists, allied health professionals, etc.)||06 Dec,2019||USD 1,425.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news