Simply, the Wrist is organized by Right Hand Therapy (RHT), LLC and will be held on Nov 02, 2019 at Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta, Augusta, Maine, United States of America.
OTs, COTAs, PTs, PTAs, and CHTs interested in hand therapy/wrist rehabilitation
CEUS: 7 continuing education contact hours
This course will provide the participant with exceptional hands-on learning about the carpal joints, pathology, evaluation and emerging concepts in conservative wrist rehabilitation interventions. Understanding the wrist is complex – this presentation aims to simplify the learning process with the use of anatomical models and hands on practice opportunities. It is important for the therapist to fully understand this joint’s complex biomechanics and sensorimotor system that impacts alignment and function. Once this foundation has been established, participants will learn how to perform a basic clinical evaluation, and then learn how to create and execute an appropriate plan of care utilizing various fun, functional and evidenced-based treatment interventions. Participants will also receive a FREE carpal puzzle model as part of this course!
Following the course, participants will be able to:
• Identify the major anatomical structures of the wrist and be able to recognize normal vs abnormal wrist biomechanics.
• Explain the importance of proprioception and an intact sensorimotor system, and be able to demonstrate how to perform Joint Position Sense testing.
• Differentiate between the various carpal instability patterns that impact functional use of the hand.
• Demonstrate commonly used special tests for the wrist, and be able to interpret their findings to differentiate between potential carpal instability vs. other pathology.
• Create individualized treatment plans for their patients utilizing functional and evidenced-based interventions specific to wrist rehabilitation.
• Learning outcomes will be assessed during hands-on lab sessions via observation and demonstration of skills, as well as via a pre- and post-test.
Time: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||(603) 821-0544
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Course Fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 240.00|