Program for Chairs of Clinical Services 2019
Program for Chairs of Clinical Services is organized by Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Executive and Continuing Professional Education (ECPE) and will be held from Jan 20 - Feb 01, 2019 at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 48.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
The program is designed for chairs of major clinical departments in teaching hospitals whose responsibilities require them to allocate resources, develop policies, and provide leadership. Potential participants include heads of departments of medicine, surgery, obstetrics-gynecology, pediatrics, family medicine, psychiatry, neurology, anesthesiology, pathology, and radiology. Chairs of other major departments with residency programs are also eligible. Participants will be selected with a view to ensuring an appropriate mix and balance in the class.
The curriculum is organized around the following interrelated courses taught by a faculty experienced in executive education for physicians and other key decision-makers in the health system:
• Institutional Strategy
• Health Policy
• Financial Analysis and Control
• Operations Management
• Organizational Issues
• Leadership Challenges
The program’s overall objective is to enhance and develop participants’ leadership abilities and effectiveness. This is accomplished by providing broader understanding of their responsibilities as leaders; perspective on some of the critical leadership and management issues they face and understanding and awareness of concepts and techniques relevant to management.
• Increased understanding of their responsibilities and tasks as leaders of clinical departments and members of the leadership group of their institution
• A broader appreciation of and insight into the external challenges facing, and changes occurring in, academic medical centers; the range of options and responses available; and the implications for their own institution, clinical service, and academic program
• New perspectives on issues they face currently and on those which arise in the future
• Knowledge of relevant concepts and techniques in several key management disciplines
• New methods to analyze problems and an enhanced capacity to identify the critical questions
Greater effectiveness as departmental and institutional leaders in formulating and implementing new initiatives and managing change
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Standard Registration Fee||04 Jan,2019||USD 7900.00|