Preventing Surgical Complications Conference is organized by Ausmed Education Pty Ltd and will be held from Feb 25 - 26, 2019 at Oaks on Collins, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
The target audience for this medical event is Nurses. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 11.00 CPD Hours.
Attend this event to ensure you are well-informed about how to prevent a raft of potential surgical complications from occurring. Understand why things go wrong, how to recognise and respond to warning signs early, and how to prevent the need for a patient to return to theatre. Learn about:
• Fluid and electrolyte changes - why they must not be overlooked
• Managing acute delirium
• Causes of cardiac, respiratory, and renal complications
• How to assess for signs of acute stroke
• Diabetes management before and after surgery
• Preventing healthcare-associated infections
Need for Program:
There are inherent risks associated with any surgical procedure. Preventing costly surgical complications, such as an unplanned return to theatre or an escalation of care to critical care environments, is a key priority after any procedure. The provision of care that is underpinned by best practice is known to reduce the likelihood of hospital-acquired complications. There is a timely need for nurses to gain key updates on how to detect and respond early to potential surgical complications if patient harm is to be minimised.
Purpose of Program:
The purpose of this conference is to provide key updates on how to detect and manage potential surgical complications so as to reduce patient harm and improve patient safety.
• Be better able to recognise high-risk individuals before harm occurs
• Utilise sharpened assessment skills to assist in responding to signs of clinical deterioration more rapidly
• Reduce the pain and discomfort experienced by patients as a result of an unplanned return to theatre
• Utilise communication and collaboration across the surgical journey to support the provision of comprehensive care
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(03) 9326 8101|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Two Days Conference Fee||24 Feb,2019||AUD 610.00|
|One Day Conference Fee||24 Feb,2019||AUD 460.00|