Palliative Medicine and End of Life Care, Including Related Topics in Neurology is organized by Continuing Education, Inc and will be held from Dec 14 - 21, 2019 at Celebrity Summit, San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States of America.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM
14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
Up to 14 MOC (Part II) points in the American Board of Anesthesiology® (ABA) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14 Contact Hours
3½ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
• Palliative Care Overview: History, Range of focus and Relation to Hospice Care
○ To discover the roots of palliative medicine, its impact on traditional practice models and the relation/definition between palliative and hospice care
• Advanced Care Directives
○ To define the history/legalities of advanced care directives.
○ To differentiate the various formats and techniques to advance end of life discussions.
○ To examine the controversies in ACD such as surgical thirty day rules.
• Pain Management and Palliative Care: Pharmaceutical review and a Review of the Issues of the Opioid Crisis
○ To illustrate treatment options for critical and end of life medical conditions.
○ To examine the roots and solutions of the opioid crisis particularly as related to palliative and hospice care.
• COPD, CHF and ESRD in Palliative Care
○ To utilize palliative medicine skills in the planning/treatment of these common chronic conditions.
• Patient Driven Voluntary Cessation of Hydration and Nutrition
○ To identify the phenomena of patient's elective decision in non acutely mortal situations to terminate their lives through active decision.
○ To examine the practitioners role/obligations in such a situation
• End of Life Symptomology and Management
○ To summarize the common EOL symptoms.
○ To demonstrate pharmaceutical and behavioral management of these conditions.
• Reimbursement and Coverage Strategies
○ To examine the CMS rules of remuneration for non palliative/hospice providers in palliative/hospice patients
• Mental State - delirium, MCI and dementia
• Can the Patient Hear Me? - awareness, unresponsiveness and coma
• Stroke - follow-up and prognosis
• Gap Analysis - quality approach to practice improvement
• Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson's in Palliative Care
• Brain Death - what is it and diagnosis
• The Plan for Monday - changes for ease of practice and improvement in care.
|Contact No. :||1-800-422-0711
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy, and Dentists Fee||13 Dec,2019||USD 895.00|
|Physician Assistants Fee||13 Dec,2019||USD 695.00|
|Nurse Practitioners Fee||13 Dec,2019||USD 695.00|
|Nurses, Residents, Students and Others Fee||13 Dec,2019||USD 495.00|