National Association of Orthopaedic Technologists (NAOT) Workshop in Detroit is organized by National Association of Orthopaedic Technologists (NAOT) and will be held from Feb 23 - 24, 2019 at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport, Romulus, Michigan, United States of America.
Continuing Education (CEUs/CMEs):
The Casting & Splinting Skills Workshop has applied for CEUs/CMEs for the following credentials:
• 10.25 Category 1 CEUs for OTC
• 10.25 CMEs for OPA-C/OA-C
• 10 CEUs for ATC*
• 12 CMEs for PA-C
• 12 Scientific CEUs for BOC Orthotists, Prosthetists, and Orthotic Fitters
Typical Course Outline:
• Basic Casting & Splinting
• Demonstration of Upper Extremity Casting & Splinting
• Upper Extremity
○ Short Arm Cast
○ Short Arm Thumb Spica
○ Short Arm Volar Splint
○ Short Arm Thumb Spica Splint
○ Sugar Tong Splint
• Hands-on Upper Extremity
• Demonstration of Lower Extremity Casting & Splinting
• Lower Extremity
○ Short Leg Cast
○ Long Leg Cylinder
○ Posterior Stirrup Splinting
• Hands-on Lower Extremity
• Cast Complications
• Demonstration of Intermediate & Advanced Casting & Splinting Applications
○ Upper & Lower Extremity Applications
○ Muenster Cast
○ Boxers Cast and Radial/Ulnar Gutter Splints
• Demonstrate proper casting technique for application and removal of upper and lower extremity casts and splints (achieve through lecture, demonstration, and hands-on practice).
• Recognize indications for various types of cast/splint treatment.
• Identify best practices for cast application and removal.
• Identify casting/splinting complications and their possible solutions.
• Learn proper patient care protocols.
NOTE:The NAOT Regular Member ($399.00 (USD)) is available to members only. On Sale
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|NonMember - Early Bird Fee||08 Feb,2019||USD 450.00|
|Additional Person From Same Office - Early Bird Fee||08 Feb,2019||USD 350.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news