CME course on General Medical Ultrasound of the Abdomen
CME course on General Medical Ultrasound of the Abdomen is organized by Lifeway Training Center and will be held from Sep 20 - 21, 2019 at Bin Ham Properties, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 11.75 CME Hours.
This course is to teach interested candidates all the Basic Principles of Ultrasound and its vital role in the Medical Field, including the Emergency Room. Aimed primarily at radiographers, sonographers and all health care practitioners who wish to deliver a general medical ultrasound service.
It will begin with the basic characteristics of the Ultrasound machine and its knobology, discussing the many aspects of the ultrasound controls and how the machine is used to optimize and orient an image. Practically demonstrating the different types of transducers, how to handle each type and its movements.
Followed by a systematic Ultrasound assessment and imaging of the normal anatomy of the upper and lower abdomen, with discussion of the benefits and limitations of ultrasound, learning to deal with technical difficulties relating to the challenges of general medical ultrasound and the role of Doppler in thyroid and abdominal ultrasound.
The course will also include focused assessment with sonography for trauma, also known as FAST ultrasound. To teach healthcare workers the standard way to identify normal anatomy and evaluate abnormalities around the abdominal organs in trauma patients that arrive in critical conditions in the ER.
• Basic characteristics of the Ultrasound machine and its knobology,
• Theoretical and Practical session on how the machine is used to optimize and orient an image
• Recognize the normal anatomy of the upper and lower abdominal ultrasound images
• Hands-on standard examination of different abdominal organs by Ultrasound
• Evaluation of the abdominal organs
- Biliary system,
- Urinary Bladder and
- Adrenal Glands
• Discuss the capabilities and limitations of Ultrasound
• Focused assessment with sonography for trauma, also known as FAST ultrasound.
• Role of Doppler in Thyroid and Abdominal Ultrasound
Learning the basic techniques can help lay the foundation for a safe and effective ultrasound practice.
|Contact No. :||+971 55 7800291
+971 6 5304900
+971 5 54053309
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Full Course Fee||20 Sep,2019||AED 2000.00|