Management of Upper Extremity Stiff Joints is organized by Rehab Education and will be held from Nov 08 - 09, 2019 at Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America.
Who Should Attend:
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapist Assistants
• Certified Hand Therapists
• Certified Athletic Trainers
Physical Therapy Board of California:
The Physical Therapy Board of California recognizes Rehab Education, LLC as an approval agency to approve providers offering continuing competency courses for CA licensed PTs and PTAs. This course is approved for 14 contact hours.
California OT Board:
This course and instructor have been approved by the CA Board of OT for 14 contact hours of post-professional education in the advanced practice area of hand therapy. Approval #22-H4.
Course Description :
Intermediate level course is designed to enhance the understanding of the impact of joint stiffness on functioning of the elbow, wrist, and hand. This comprehensive course provides an analytical approach to the rehabilitation of upper extremity stiff joints.
Lecture includes animation and video-clips of cadaver dissection, surgery, pathomechanics, and treatment to enhance the learning experience.
Program subject to change. Participants are cautioned to apply new information and skills within the scope of state licensure law.
Course Objectives :
Upon completion of course, therapist will:
• identify the anatomical structures of the joint
• demonstrate the physiology of motion and causes of joint stiffness
• describe physiology of the muscle and muscle contractures leading to stiffness
• describe various stages of wound healing and it’s effect on joint stiffness
• demonstrate the principles of splinting and CPM
• effectively manage stiff hand, wrist and elbow by using the above knowledge
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||845-368-2458
Course Fee Details
|Course Fee||:||USD $529.00|
|Early Fee||:||USD $479.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|